Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

2014 Manitoba Golden Gathering

Home Forums General 2014 Manitoba Golden Gathering

This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nano 4 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Pat
    Participant

Carmel & Cheyanne (Ken and I) would like to host this year.
    Even though the weather makes it hard to plan anything outdoorsy. Maybe it’s time to think about our annual event. Been so busy with planning a baby shower, and my June trip to Germany, my daughter moving home and fundraising for one of my co-workers who is headed to Edmonton for open heart surgery on her 2 year old son later in May. Since this will have to be summer event (or early fall), I’m finally getting around to it, at least to pick a date so that everyone can make plans around their holidays….and if any of our non Manitoba families would like to come…have lots a great campgrounds with in half an hour drive of our place.-Grand beach…Winnipeg Beach…Birds Hill etc.
    Seeing that Sunday usually works…The following dates over the summer etc would work for us (or Saturday if more think that would work) in July have 5/6, 19/20. August 2/3 (but that is the long weekend) 16/17, 30/31 (again long weekend). That takes us in to Sept 13/14 and then 27/28. Would also be able to do Saturday August the 9, but not Sunday
    so now can discuss and pick what works….haven’t decided if the dogs will be allowed to swim as yet…but if we do, means everyone..has to be prepared to get wet and go in the pool.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  Pat.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

So nice of you to offer to host us Pat, Ken & girls, especially with so much going on in your life. Next year will be our turn, I would have offered this year but we are having some major work done on our foundation & basement and I don’t exactly when it will happen and the yard will be a mess when it does.

We are flexible for dates depending on what works for everyone else, the only date that doesn’t work is the Sept 27/28 weekend as we’ll be in Europe then.

Sending good thoughts for your co-worker’s son’s surgery.

Lynne
    Participant

Pat it sounds like you guys have lots going on yet you still want to host – how’s that for being devoted to this group?!?! Haha

As of today we have our vacation dates picked out but nothing booked. We actually take our camper in to autopac tomorrow afternoon as we had major damage to it over the winter.

Lynne
    Participant

Sorry – I inserted a sad face after my camper blurb and it cut off the rest…how do we insert faces?!?

You can mark us as available for all – we wouldn’t miss it!

Rylee thinks it would be more fun to have a pool party at Carmel and Cheyanne’s followed by a dirt party at Kiwi’s or vice versa – she’s not picky!!!!

Lynne
    Participant

Welcome back Sue!! How’s Boober doing? And Nelson too!

laurie
    Participant

Aww so nice to see you guys planning your golden gathering but so sad at the same time because as much as I would love to come for it I don’t think Ripley would be able to travel that far in a truck. He loves truck rides but his knees don’t. Oh well we will enjoy all the pictures posted on here.

Shauna
    Participant

Can’t see any dates that would be a problem for us. If Darren isn’t available I may have to enlist my mom or niece to help me handle the brat (aka Tanner). It will be great to see everyone again.

Pat
    Participant

Finally able to get back on the site with my desktop…don’t know what is going on with Google Chrome on this computer, my son kinda has his hands full right now to be able to take a look. I can log in with Google Chrome, on the laptop but it is so hard to type, as the typing skips all over the place…time for a new one or a tablet I guess. I’m in an Incognito mode on my desktop in able to do this post….
    Only person haven’t heard from now is Nancy, so I think we will set the date. And if it doesn’t work for her, maybe we can change it if able. So how about July 20th. If it rains we will need to postpone and try to reschedule, but that gives up plenty of time to do it before winter.
    So let me know if that date still works. I’ll be back in touch after I return from Germany with directions etc., shortly after June 22. Next few weeks are going to be busy with the baby shower and my trip coming up. Skyped with them yesterday, for about 90 minutes, the girls ears would perk up anytime the babies cried or make funny noises. Carmel lied and watched the TV for a while.

And nice to hear from you again Sue…don’t worry about Nelson. Carmel will probably need to be kept on leash as she doesn’t seem to tolerate the young ones very well anymore….only dogs that are bigger than her and Cheyanne. But Cheyanne just loves all the other dogs.

Sue
    Participant

July 20th should work for Nelson and I.

Pat
    Participant

able to get back on the site….not available to me since,my last post…desktop..laptop..and phone nothing worked..kept telling me to check the name or what ever.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

July 20 would work for us. Thanks Pat 🙂

Shauna
    Participant

I will mark the 20th down. Thanks for doing this Pat.

Nano
    Participant

Thanks for hosting this year, Pat! Connor and I would love to come but with two jobs, it may be a challenge. I guess I’ll just have to hope whatever the majority decides works for us.

BTW, I’m wondering if we should have it in the fall when it’s cooler for our golden boys and girls. Just a suggestion – maybe you’ve settled on a date already.

Looking forward to it already!

Pat
    Participant

Hi, Nancy we decided on Sunday July 20th, but if it rains then will postpone till fall. Sure hope you and Connor can make it. We have lots of shade in the back yard for the dogs. Will be sending out details closer to the date with directions etc.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone….miss my girls so much…strange seeing the way animals are allowed on the bus or into shopping malls here in Germany.

Lynne
    Participant

We will be there – we will be coming home that morning from 2 weeks of camping so Rylee may be tired and might not be her usual go, go, go self (which might be a relief actually!!!!). Can’t wait to see everyone!

Sue
    Participant

I’m not sure now if Nelson and I will be able to make it. Ted might be heading to the coast then to visit him mom. I’ll let you guys know when I know more.

Pat
    Participant

Private messaged everyone. Hopefully you will be able to make it Nancy and Sue. Its hard to plan, sometimes and with the weather being as it has..hopefully it will dry up soon. Watching the weather so closely….hopefully you haven’t been flooded out Sue. Or any one else with all this rain. Our yard is a swamp, can’t even cut the grass and the misquotes are terrible.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Got your PM Pat, thanks. Hope you had a good visit with those cute little grand babies of yours!

Hoping for sunny skies in the days leading up to that day and that everyone can make it.

Sue
    Participant

Pat I just wanted to let you know that Nelson and I won’t be making it to the gathering. It’s just a long way to drive there and back for the day. I’m doing a whirlwind trip to a race in MN the following weekend so I don’t want to be away from Boober that much right now as she’s having good days and then not so good day. We’ll be thinking about all of you thou.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Sue, Thinking of you and Boober (and Nelson), praying for more good than bad days for Boober. She is one special girl, hugs to all of you. I am looking at her in her pink tutu, she makes me smile.

Pat
    Participant

Sorry you won’t be able to make it Sue…hopefully next year. Power of the paws and pawstive thoughts for Boober…as well as hoping the good days are more than the bad ones..

Nano
    Participant

Hi Pat,

I’m working Sunday morning until about 11:00 or noon then I have the afternoon off. But it’s going to be 37 with the humidex! I can’t take Connor out in that kind of heat. Sorry! I’m so disappointed to miss the Gathering. 🙁 I hope you understand.

Any interest in postponing until the fall? The dogs would enjoy themselves more and we wouldn’t have to worry about them.

Pat
    Participant

Nancy, if the rest feel the same could postpone, but would need to know by tomorrow afternoon. The forecast out here keeps changing, now they say only 25C for Sat, and 30C for Sunday, but how knows. Everyone let us know what you think.

Pat
    Participant

Ken and have been talking about this, all last evening and since coming home from work,today and have decided just to go ahead with the gathering, unless we wake up to a really rainy day on Sunday. We will have Carmel’s wading pool out, lots of water and shade. If any of the dogs get over heated can relax in the cool house for a while. And since we will probably eat in the Sun room where its cooler and have a Ceiling fan, can sit in there if it gets too hot outside for everyone.
    It’s really hard to know what to do…as the weather can be very different from the city even though we are only 20 minutes away. We also felt if we waited till fall there is no guarantee the day we would pick would be good for a get together either.

Nancy sorry you have decided not to come, we do understand. But if the weather changes or you change your mind, please don’t hesitate to come. You and Connor will missed.

Pat

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

we’re looking forward to Sunday Pat. It’s so hard to pick a day that works for all and then have to hope the weather cooperates. We’ll miss those that can’t make it.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Mom2Maddie.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

I will be looking forward to seeing all the pictures from the gathering. Have fun.

Nano
    Participant

I keep hoping the weather prediction will be wrong but so far they are still predicting a 36 humidex. Connor has a lot of coat and he’s a big dog so even 25 degrees is hot for him. Add to that the excitement of the people and other dogs….:(

Sue
    Participant

Finally got into the forum. Had to change email and username to do it. Not sure what the problem was but were BACK…hopefully.

Nelson and I would very much like to come to the golden gathering this year. I have to warn you thou that Nelson is not interested in playing with the other dogs he wants to be with the people. If everyone is ok with that he’ll pack his swimming trunks and floatie 🙂

We cant make the weekend of Sept. 5/6 as I have a race in Lethbridge but as long as Ted is in town to look after Boober were good with most dates.

Miss you all sorry we haven’t been able to get on the forum for awhile. We do read it and know what’s going on and glad to hear that everyone is healthy.

Sue, Nelson and Boober

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  Sue.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Sorry you and Nelson can’t come Sue but we can certainly understand why. Sending lots of good thoughts for Miss Boober

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Pat, We’re fine with whatever the decision is.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Mom2Maddie.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active