Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

2015 Manitoba Golden Gathering

Home Forums General 2015 Manitoba Golden Gathering

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Claudette Kinkade 4 years ago.

• Author

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

We would like to take our turn and host this year. Our summer thru to mid Sept is pretty much open so I thought I’d check and see what weekends do/don’t work for everyone then hopefully we can start to narrow it down.

Lynne
    Participant

I was just thinking about a gathering last week! Our summer is booking up quickly so I will give you our available weekends but if something works better for the majority and we can’t make it, don’t worry about it.

May 23-24
    May 30 Craig is busy but I’m not
    May 31
    June – all weekends except the 27-28
    July 4-5
    Saturday July 18 could work – we are home that day in between two week long camping trips
    August 1-3
    August 16
    Any other September weekend not the long weekend

Pat
    Participant

Funny I was thinking about it as well. So far nothing major planned this year…except to continue landscaping..ugh.. May 23/24 works for us, not the next weekend as I work and Ken mostly does as well now..work every second weekend, so then following that pattern..June 6, 7th, 20th & 21st, July 4 & 5, Right now July 18th may or not work for us, but if it works for everyone else..then I could make it work., then same dates in August that Lynne is available, and then Sept 12, 13, 26, 27.

Lynne
    Participant

So Pat, the dates you listed in June and July are the ones you work or that you are available?

Pat
    Participant

Yes those are my weekends off. so am available

Sue
    Participant

Nelson and I are going to drive in for the day this year. I have to warn you all ahead of time that he’s only interested in the people and not the other dogs.

Lynne
    Participant

Now that Sue has made a disclaimer I feel like I should as well…Rylee is only interested in a ball, or a frisbee or a stick and not the other dogs or the people (except for Jarrod as he usually throws things for her).

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone!

laurie
    Participant

This is the time of year I get jealous of everyone that lives so close together and can have this gathering, Ripley and I just live to far away and he is not to crazy about long car rides. I will be thinking of all of you and waiting to see all the pictures posted on here.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Hopefully Shauna will be online soon to say when she’s available, and Nancy as well.

Sue we are glad you and Nelson are going to come!!

I think we can arrange it so Nelson will have humans to love on him and chuck-it balls for Rylee to play with.:)

Laurie it’s too bad you and Ripley live too far away. It would be neat to be able to meet up with everyone else that doesn’t live in Manitoba some day.

Shauna
    Participant

Hi all. Sorry I don’t get online too much. I have little time to get online and usually spend it on list of things I need to research.

My summer is pretty open except for next weekend May 22 and 23 and the weekend of June 13 and Saturday July 11.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

How about Saturday, August 1st? That weekend seemed to be open for all who responded with dates.

June is just around the corner (and maybe Spring although you’d never know it with the wicked rain/wind outside today and the forecasted 5-10 cm of snow πŸ™ We are having some work done in our yard at some point in late June or early July which is why I’m leaning to the first weekend in August.

I’m not sure if Nancy will come online in the next while but hopefully if that date does work for everyone else that she’ll be available as well.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Lynne
    Participant

August 1 would work for us – because of the way our vacation falls, we chose to not camp over the long weekend.

Pat
    Participant

Should work for us…at least me. Ken will have to see, if he can get off or not. Lately he has been able to take the same weekends as me.

Sue
    Participant

I think that should work for Nelson and I at this point.

Shauna
    Participant

Sounds good to me. I saw Nancy and told her about it. She said she would check out the post.

Nano
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I work August 1 but only until late morning or early afternoon. If that’s not too late and it’s not too hot that day, I’d love to come. I hope Miranda can come too, even though she’s not a Golden. She is great with other dogs and would love the outing!

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Ok so now let’s just hope the weather will cooperate, not too hot and no rain! Of course Miranda is welcome Nancy

Lynne
    Participant

So is Miranda now Connor’s forever sister?!?! I don’t remember seeing an update on whether you are keeping her. I can’t wait to meet her!!!

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Which ever weekend you choose take lots of pictures for us who live to far (and would love to be there) to see. We’ll be there in spirit that day thinking of all of you. Rio is getting bigger each day, he now weighs 60 pounds – not fat, just a big boy. He will be 6 months on the 20th of June. He is calmer these days but still has a LOT of puppy in him. He loves people and dogs – and will settle down with quests after he greets all of them. I wish I could have brought my instructor from obedience class home with me – he did so well in class. I am helping him to learn good manners as I put the techniques she taught to use. Easier said than done though.

Meadow
    Participant

I’m with Claudette – take lots of pictures, girls!! I always LOVE the yearly Golden Gathering photos!! I love when several people are taking pictures, b/c those of us who can’t go can get all different aspects of the day that way, since different people take pics of different things! It’s always fun to see your day in pictures!! πŸ™‚

(Claudette – YAY! I’m glad you’re doing obedience with Rio – that’s SUCH a good bonding time for the two of you!!! Six months and 60 lbs?!! You always get such BIG boys, eh?! He is a beauty!)

~Maureen

Lynne
    Participant

Every year I say we should attempt a group photo and every year once we are all together I completely forget!! Maybe this will be our year?!

Sue
    Participant

Anymore news on the Golden Gathering. What time, what you want us to bring etc.

Pat
    Participant

I have been thinking the same as Lynn and Sue….Christine what would you like us to bring? and what time…Also we have to try and get a group picture this year.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

I was thinking of starting at 2 pm. Jarrod will make burgers/hot dogs and possibly something on his smoker so a side dish or two (salad, coleslaw or something like that) would be helpful.

I’ll send a private message out in the next few days with address details etc.

We will definitely get a group photo this year.

Fingers crossed the weather cooperates for us!

Sue
    Participant

Thanks Christine. Nelson is super excited to see you all. We’ll bring a side dish and something yummy. We might end up showing up a bit earlier if you don’t mind depending on what time we get into the city.

Lynne
    Participant

I can bring tortilla chips and a taco dip which can be either for afternoon or with meal- if that works?

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Sue of course you can come earlier. We are all looking forward to seeing you and Nelson. thanks for bringing something.

Lynne, a taco dip and chips would be great, thank you!

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Private message has been sent with address details etc. any questions let me know

Sue
    Participant

We didn’t get a pm but I guess we already know your address and details. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone. It’s been a long time since the first golden gathering at Shauna’s house.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Have fun guys! Maybe I should look for a job in MB and then I can attend. So mad I am missing the fun, dogs and taco dip!

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Be looking for some furkid pictures. Have fun.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active