Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Arrowhead 135 Winter Ultra

Home Forums Off-Topic Arrowhead 135 Winter Ultra

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mom2Maddie 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Nelson
    Participant

Ok this is completely off topic of anything golden except that Nelson & Boober are at home waiting for their crazy mom to come home. I’m sitting in International Falls MN where its -30 and nasty. I can hear the wind howling from inside the hotel room. What the heck am I doing here? Well tomorrow is the start of the Arrowhead 135. 135 miles on the Arrowhead Trail to Tower MN. I’m asking if you all could send me some Power of the Paw so I safety get to the finish within the 60 hour time limit. I’m feeling abit stressed right now and wish the pups were here with me or better yet I was home with them.
    Sue

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

We’re rooting for you to do awesome and be safe on your 2nd big adventure. Nelson and Boober miss their Mom and want her home safe and sound as soon as possible. I’ll be watching the Arrowhead website for updates.

Love the Kermie hat đŸ™‚

3Goldens
    Participant

Wow, that’s awesome Sue! We will be thinking of you & cheering you on…from the warmth of our house lol Stay strong, and be safe! Good luck. Love the hat!!

Pat
    Participant

Thinking of you, wish I had seen this yesterday, wishing you luck and sending as much positive energy your way. By the way the hat rocks…

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Sue, We are all here thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and the Power of the Paw. Your furkids are home waiting for you, and you will be back there soon with them. Good Luck to you and waiting to hear you finished in the 60 hour time limit. Do good!

Lynne
    Participant

Good luck Sue! That is amazing and your fur kids will be so happy when you get home. I hope and pray you made it there on Saturday before the blizzard hit and didn’t have to drive in that nasty weather. We couldn’t see the road in front of the house on Sunday…and that’s 80 feet from the window!

cheslyn1
    Participant

Good luck Sue! This household thinks you are crazy but we love crazy.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Sue started her run at 7:00 am this morning and I checked the Arrowhead website and she arrived at the first checkpoint at 5:22 pm. Go Sue!

laurie
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t check this until today but sending the power of the paw and lots of good luck your way. How you could possibly do this in-30 weather is beyond me but hers to you.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Thanks for the update!

cheslyn1
    Participant

I was bored and took a look. Sue did not finish the 135 but I am sure what she did finish was a huge deal!

Will be exciting to hear about it all!

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Google “Arrowhead 135 WInter Ultra” It’s unbelievable what is expected. She definitely is someone to admire, not many would even attempt this.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

I’m sure she’ll post soon, she got home yesterday and no doubt had 2 very happy pups to greet her. That race is crazy intense and the weather was brutal. She did an awesome job getting as far as she did.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active