Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Banana

Home Forums Health Banana

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  scot girl 5 years ago.

• Author

scot girl
    Participant

As most of you know, Zeus is on a diet. We gave him some apple for a treat and he loved it, Monday we gave him a bit of Banana which he also loved but oh my my what a day after that. About 7 hours later he vomited 7 times in an hour and had diareeah twice, he was really panting and in a terrible state, we were so worrieď. Seemed like everything he ate after the Banana came out in one way or another. I read small amount of Banana is okay for dogs but for Zeus it’s NO BANANA. Anyone else have a similar experience? Oh and he also took the skin of his nose by rubbing it on the rug, I guess he was trying to move the vomit away. I was outside ànd when I came in he was at the door and the first thing I seen was his nose then walked into the livingroom and realised what happened, so he has a tender nose too.

3Goldens
    Participant

Oh poor Zeus! Are you sure it was the banana that made him so sick? Could he have maybe picked up something outside? I know I have found things in our yard that squirrels drop when they run along the wires overhead, or the fence. I’ve never had a problem with my crew eating bananas.
    Hope Zeus is feeling better…and his nose too!

Pat
    Participant

Hope he is feeling better, and his nose heals soon. My two love banana’s and have never had a problem eating them. Though Cheyanne needs them cut into very small pieces otherwise she won’t touch them.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Poor Zeus. I’m sorry he had such a reaction to banana. We give some to Kiwi when we’re eating one and she hasn’t had any issues. Hope his nose is better soon.

laurie
    Participant

aww poor Zeus Ripley loves banana and has had no reaction to them but if I give a little bit to Lucy(our sheltie) she throws up so maybe some dogs just can’t handle a banana. I have not got to eat a whole banana since Ripley got his first taste. Speedy recovery on the nose.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

How is Zeus doing today? That is awful, diarrhea and vomiting – sure sounds like food poisoning. That banana sure didn’t agree with him. Feel better Zeus.

Lynne
    Participant

Poor Zeus…we have never tried feeding Rylee banana. Hope his nose heals quickly and that he stays away from bananas in the future…

scot girl
    Participant

Thanks for your concern everyone, Zeus is fine now, once he got rid of all the banana he sleptfor hours and has been fine since. I know it was the banana as he is on a diet and apart from his food all he had was banana, he was not off leash either so I know he did not pick anything up outside. I am àlso pleaseď to say that his nose is much better, still a little crusty but definitely on the mend. Hope you aĺl had a good weekend.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active