Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Boober Update

Home Forums Health Boober Update

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mom2Maddie 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Sue
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t been posting much of late. I just wanted to give you all an update on Boober as she’s doing ok but not great. Some days are good and some not so good. She’s gotten real picky about what she wants to eat so its a chore to find something that she will entice her to eat. I spend more time at the grocery store scouring the meat section hoping to find something she’ll like. Any suggestions?? She usually won’t eat in the am now. Her walks have gotten really short now even thou she’s still excited to go out. Her breathing is more laboured with the warmer weather and he back legs are weak plus she sleeps a lot. There’s obviously more stuff going on that the arthritis and the nasal tumor but where taking things one day at a time.

Pat
    Participant

So sorry Sue that things are not going well with Boober, not sure what to suggest in way of a form of protein…I’m sure like a lot of dogs, what she will eat one day, she won’t the next depending on how she is feeling…liver might be a good option..chopped up fine once its cooked, mine love it though don’t give it very often as I don’t like to cook it. Do you think its too tiring to eat…in that case put some pumpkin puree on the food to soften it up, and chopped everything fine, less work for her..

Continuing to send the power of the paws and pawsitive thoughts your way.

laurie
    Participant

Aww poor Boober. Riley and I are sending power of the paw your way Boober.

laurie
    Participant

That should have said Ripley and I. Doesn’t really matter still sending the power

cheslyn1
    Participant

If it is just a case of having her eat, having her happy and having her not lose weight –here is a list! Can baby food, can people food – tuna, chicken, even spam LOL, mashed veggies, sprinkle parm cheese on meal, dog can food even the crappy ones, can cat food, deli lunch meat, scrambled eggs, canned tripe.

Of course I would only use some of these as a topper not her whole meal. I know you are not feeding her raw for various reasons but maybe some would get her eating.

Tammy

Sue
    Participant

Thanks guys for the food options. Tammy it all depends on what day it is to which of those she will eat. Today the nose was up to cooked chicken and scrambled eggs but she ate my pumpkin protein pancakes no problem. Yesterday she ate 3 meals so I guess it’s just whatever, whenever and keep a stock on hand of different stuff. It’s really quite frustrating and stressful. She will chew a raw bone no problem also. Can tripe was ok yesterday but nothing to die for like Nelson thinks. I bought expensive dehydrated Orijen food and that was great for a couple days but not now. Maybe I should try some raw, really at this point would it really hurt.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Silly girl! I almost did not post because I figured you thought of all of those. Another thing is bone broth –had an article at one time but can not find it.

Tammy

cheslyn1
    Participant

Lynne
    Participant

Sorry to hear the news Sue. We will continue to keep Boober in our thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Hoping you can continue to find food she will eat. Sending lots of good thoughts your way for Boober

Lynne
    Participant

Just thought I’d check in to see how Boober is doing? Any change?

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Your little Boober girl, she is such a fighter. She is still with you because she has such a devoted, caring, wonderful mom that knows how to do research – and it has been working. I know how upsetting it is when they do not want to eat – I know you will try and try to get her to eat something. All the suggestions mentioned above are good ones – but like you said it depends on how she is feeling what she will eat that day. Sending big hugs to your furkids, give Boober and Nelson a hug from me. I think you can use one too (( )). Take care of yourself.

Sue
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that Boober seems to be good again. She decided that she like’s those Little Ceaser dog foods now. I got home Friday from a week away and took her for a very short walk, when we got back to the front step she just fell over and laid there not moving. I thought for sure that this was it. I called Ted to tell him to come to the house I thought it was her time and then I started to dial my vet. I decided to roll he over and up she pops and walks up the front steps like nothing ever happened. Goes inside and starts chewing on her bone like nothing ever happened. So far so good again besides really slow on the walk and barely a block but once in the house you’d never know there was anything wrong with her. One day at a time. Nelson is doing great.

Lynne
    Participant

That sounds scary what she did – she sure is a fighter! Glad to hear you found a food that she likes. We will keep sending good thoughts her way.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Boober you have to stop scaring your Mom like that. Thank goodness she seemed to bounce back after her episode. Hope she continues to enjoy her Cesar’s dog food.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

That little stinker – she definitely is a fighter. Got to love that girl. Hugs.

Lisa P
    Participant

Hi How is Boomer doing? How old is she? I really hope she is OK.
    Curious have you had a heart or spleen ultrasound? Is she anemic?
    I had a dog exhibit similar behavior. Would not eat would really take a long time waking some days barely conscious just to spring up an hour later and have the vet tell me that he was fine.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    Boober’s Mom doesn’t get online here too often so hopefully she’ll see your post soon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active