Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Darryl the Kitten, and Otis!

Home Forums Our other pets Darryl the Kitten, and Otis!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  I.Heart.My.Golden 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

So today I took Otis to this local park that we walk at a couple of times a week, it’s pretty far out on a country road and it’s very secluded. I usually let Otis off leash and he just runs to his hearts content, it’s a really fantastic place. As we neared the last corner I notice 3 tiny little kittens that shoot right into the bush – I stopped to see where they went but the forest was so thick there. A few seconds later this little orange tabby comes charging out just screaming his little heart out. He runs right over to Otis and starts to rub all over his legs… he was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I had no idea what to do… so I brought him to work with me at the kennel. Once we got there, we had a couple of dogs inside, and knew were safe with cats, and this tiny kitten had ZERO fear of the dogs. He loved them actually, never seen a little kitten so in love with dogs! We don’t think he’s more than 6 weeks old, he’s such a tiny little thing. So friendly, and excellent with the dogs we decided we would keep him as the kennel kitty, we were saying earlier that week that we needed a mouser around too – so we’re going to keep him. We all decided that we would name him Darryl, because that totally sounds like a name for a redhead… LOL. Darryl has adopted Otis as his new daddy, and just adores him! Otis is flattered and tries his hardest to keep him clean and to cuddle him, but a bit unsure of Darryl since he screams at him all the time, Otis thinks he’s stepping on him or something, but Darryl is just telling Otis how much he loves him! Took a few photos, its just way too cute not to share. Otis is a bit wet in the photo’s since I gave him a bath before the parade this evening…. the last photo is of Darryl talking…he’s so funny just loves to belt it out! [ATTACH=CONFIG]3552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3554[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3556[/ATTACH]

Lynne
    Participant

OMG – that is way too cute. Maybe Darryl should go home with Otis? Just saying…!!! That’s great that he has no fear of dogs – pretty cute actually when you look at their size difference!!!

What about the other kittens? Was Darryl looking well fed or, did he look like they had been abandoned?

scot girl
    Participant

This is so adorable, love the pics :dog:

Cathy DW
    Participant

Great photos and a heart warming story. Hope the other kittens get as lucky as Darryl too.

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

The other babies took off in the thick brush, there was two more… I thought about going back but I really have absolutely nowhere to put them 🙁 It’s kitten season right now, and the local humane society told me they are NOT taking anymore kittens… urgh. It is a fairly popular walking trail, so I’m hoping the other guys will approach maybe someone without a dog, I still keep thinking about them. Today at work was great, Darryl is just such a funny, happy, social little guy! He’s still totally infatuated with Otis (his savior I think) and Otis is slowly starting to really like him, and getting used to his loud mewing. Took these photos today on my phone… these two are just way too cute together. I have a feeling if Darryl doesn’t work out here at the kennel, he’ll be joining us at home… there’s no way I can separate these two now… 🙂 [ATTACH=CONFIG]3560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3561[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3562[/ATTACH]

laurie
    Participant

I love the photos. Otis looks like he is going to be a very good friend.

cheslyn1
    Participant

OMG that is too cute. I can not believe how easily Darryl as a cat is so automatically friendly with a Dog!

I am sure there is a lesson in here for us humans 🙂

Pat
    Participant

Look like such good friends already!

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

What wonderful photo, just puts a smile on your face. Pretty little kitty.

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

Thanks everyone! Can’t believe tomorrow Darryl would have been with us for a week now, he seems bigger already! He’s doing really good, minus a little gastric upset, we’ve given him kitten food, surely not what he was eating before, and some canned so his poor intestines are getting used to it. I’ve never smelt so many stinky farts from such a little creature, definitely made us laugh though! We are almost certain he came from a farm, he stinks like barnyard, and has absolutely zero fear of the dogs walking over top, around him, so I’m think he’s maybe been with horses, or something large animal. Also the barking of the dogs in the kennel don’t even phase him, so it’s worked out pretty good.

Nano
    Participant

Such sweet photos. Love the ones of the kitten using Otis as a big cozy bed. Ha! Ha! Cats love to be warm and what’s warmer than a Golden?

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

NOTHING warmer Nano 🙂 these pictures don’t even really do it justice. He constantly searches on Otis’ belly for a nipple, kneads him all day long, and grooms him. It’s such an adorable sight, it’s like the lion and the lamb. Otis is very good with anything small, or baby animal. He has the patience of a saint, and I find this odd pair such a wonderful thing – really brightens up my day!

Pat
    Participant

Beautiful, they look wonderful together.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active