Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

For Bonnie and Charlie

Home Forums Archives For Bonnie and Charlie

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Claudette Kinkade 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cangold
    Keymaster

Hi Bonnie,
    Just checking in to see how you are making out with Charlie and all. Let us know. Hopefully is on the mend. Give him a big hug. E mail if you have time and keep me up to date okay?

cangold
    Keymaster

Hi
    Charlie is slowly showing tiny bits of improvment. His energy level is up, he’s eating better and hasn’t thrown up since our vet visit and he has not had any meds to control that for 3 days. He is still on the anti biotics and I give him a bit of pumpkin with every meal.
    I heard from my sitter that another dog she watches (but wasnt’ at the same time as charlie) was ill too at the same time and their vet said it was like a stomach virus? hard to say really.
    I’m just happy he is getting better, sleeping through the night and eating!

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Hi Bonnie,
    So happy to hear Charlie is feeling so much better. I checked his dog blog, he is a beautiful dog. Keep getting stronger Charlie.
    Claudette and Jake

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better and keep food down.

cangold
    Keymaster

Glad he is doing better. There must be something going around….When it hits these guys it is brutal because they cannot speak to tell you how sick they are…It just hits like a ton of bricks! Glad things are on the mend. Keep up the great work. Charlie is lucky to having such a loving mother.

cangold
    Keymaster

Hi all, quick update. Charlie is holding is own. I think the pumpkin is helping to a point but he’s not really getting any better. Our vet isnt’ too sure about the virus theory as its gone on a bit longer then he would have expected if that was the case.
    I actually am wondering if the antibiotics might be upsetting him even though I give it with food. Hopefully in a couple of days when thats done with he will show more improvment.
    He’s really become a huge suck too..not sure how much of our concern he is milking lol

take care all!

cangold
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear Charlie is doing OK Bonnie. Did the vet rule out Giardia? It can give similar symptoms and hang on for a while, and antibiotics won’t affect it, I think Flagyl is the treatment. Your vet has probably considered all possibilities, but just throwing this out in case it helps.

cangold
    Keymaster

Hmmm…..strange…Charlie has had these issues with his stomach for so very long now. No change in diet either? CCurious about his food too. I feel badly for him….He has really been theough alot….And poor you who went through your lovely goldens tummy issues to Charlie’s issues with his tummy…..it never ends. No tylocine? Britney is on it forever I believe. One pill a day but it keeps the bowels settled…with the pumskin and the california natural. Then she is on Glucomsaine/chondirtin and artic vigor and aprobiotic. Lots of stuff heree too…but it all seems to help and work for her.. Good luck Bonnie

The topic ‘For Bonnie and Charlie’ is closed to new replies.

@

Not recently active