Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Halloween

Home Forums General Halloween

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

Well it’s 2 weeks to Halloween, everyone got their costumes ready? We’re playing it low key with Kiwi again this year, another t-shirt costume it will be. Now that we have Target here I found a football t-shirt that says Wide Retriever with the numbers 00 on the back. The letters and numbers glow in the dark. It’s cute and was only $6 or $7.

She’ll wear it to daycare on her regular Wednesday right before Halloween long enough for them to take a couple pictures for their Halloween costume contest (she won’t win cause some of the dog owners get very creative but it’s fun to participate anyway). We get very few kids on our street so in the evening we’ll put it on again and go for a walk around the neighbourhood.

Nelson
      Participant

There’s a Target in Winnipeg?? I think Nelson will wear his jockey costume again this year. We didn’t wear it last year at the new house so this year. Although maybe I’ll go to Pet Valu and check out the costumes there. We have to post pictures.

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

Yes, we have 2 Target’s and another within 2 minutes of my place opening next month. You can’t everything here that you can at the U.S. stores but it will be very handy having one so close.

3Goldens
      Participant

I’ve never dressed up the girls, they just won’t stand for it haha the one time I tried Christmas hats on them, it ended up in one heck of a tug match with the hats!
      We are actually thinking we won’t put up the Christmas tree this year. The new addition will only be a little over 4 months old at Christmas. Way to much temptation for a puppy and I wouldn’t be able to decorate the bottom half anyway because of her. Might just skip the tree thing this year altogether….

I’m looking forward to pictures of everyone’s Goldens dressed up for Halloween!

Lynne
      Participant

Thanks for the reminder!!! It’s on my list for groceries later on this afternoon!!!!

gpbarr1
      Participant

Abbi still has teeth dropping out. When she smiles she looks just like a pumpkin. Too bad I can’t get a candle in her mouth. LOL

cheslyn1
      Participant

Just too darn busy for Halloween. Will be the same costumes I guess.

Good find for Kiwi! She will be so cute!

Nano
      Participant

Here’s Connor in this year’s “Does Tricks for Treats” bandana.

cheslyn1
      Participant

Nancy, you guys have too much fun on Halloween 🙂 Can not wait for the photos!

Jigar’s breeder bought him a monkey suit….betting is now open on how much time and how many photo takes I need before I get a decent picture! LOL

Nelson
      Participant

Guess which dogs got some new Halloween costumes??? Had to run into the City yesterday and I made a stop at Target Christine. Great store…things has been picked thru but I managed to snag a couple costumes. I’ll post some pictures in a day or so…

Nany Connor looks like he’s laughing in this photo. Great costume can’t wait to see this years.

Pictures everyone!!!

3Goldens
      Participant

Love sheriff Connor!! Can’t wait to see all the other deck out doggies in their costumes!

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

Sheriff Connor is so handsome! Looking forward to seeing all the pups in their costumes and yes, pictures are required!

Nano
      Participant

Here are some pics of Connor’s Halloween!

Nadine
      Participant

A bit late – but here’s my Jersey-devil 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

aww what a cute little devil

laurie
      Participant

I would love to meet that little devil anytime.

Nano
      Participant

Love the little devil! There’s sort of a Viking theme going on there, too. Idea for next year?

I wish I could post some pics but my camera’s files are too big for this site. Strange because I don’t have trouble on any other sites.

Meadow
      Participant

Consider a free picture viewer to downsize your pics, Nancy. I use irfanview – have for about 10 years. Highly recommend it! 😉 We’d love to see your pics!! I know that you go all out for Hallowe’en! 🙂

~Maureen

Pat
      Participant

I love that idea of the costume, Kiwi will be wearing. Can’t wait to see a picture of her in it. Not sure if my two will dress up, daddy had to work and won’t be home till around 8. So means have nobody to hold the girls while I greet the trick or treaters. Got their old costumes out yesterday so if I decide to, dress them up that’s what they will wear.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Pat.

Nano
      Participant

A bunch of us do a big Halloween Haunt every year and Connor is right in the middle of it.

This year he will be a “Paw Reader”, competing with the Mis-fortune Teller to see who raises the most money for Cat Tails Rescue.

Here he is in last year’s costume.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nano.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nano
      Participant

Connor didn’t have an elaborate costume this year – we just traded his “Skull & CrossBONES” to his “Does Tricks for Treats”. He was a hit as the Paw Reader, though, and told the fortunes of lots of kids and adults through his medium (me).

We had nine of us working the haunt this year – plus Connor which is 10! It was heaps of fun and we had lots of TOTs coming through.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nano.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active