Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

HOT DOG

Home Forums General HOT DOG

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Pat 5 years ago.

• Author

scot girl
    Participant

Zeus has been suffering in the hot weather and as soon as he gets back inside he hogs the vents, I am in the livingroom he is at that vent, I go to the kitchen he is at that vent. Any other Goldens the same?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sue
    Participant

I’ve had the A/C on since May for the dogs and me.

Meadow
    Participant

A-hahahahaha!!! That is ADORABLE!! He sure knows where to go to suck up all the cool air, eh?! 🙂

We are trying to do without air conditioning this year, as we can’t afford it (2 oldest went to post secondary – need I say more?, lol). Faith always chooses the coolest floors. On really warm nights, we open the door to the room where she sleeps with the girls, in order to give her full access to the house, different flooring and her water dish.

I love Zeus’ interesting positioning in the second picture, hahaha. He’s a fluffy cutie!

~Maureen

cheslyn1
    Participant

No A/C at home but yes the dogs love laying directly under the RV AC vent. Which is so lovely as it blocks the entrance and the way to the sink LOL

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Smart boy Zeus you’ve figured out the magic spot! Kiwi lays in our hallway but rarely directly in front of the vent, even though I’ve tried to show her “look lay HERE this is where the cold air comes from”. We have only needed the air a few times so far this year, hope to need it alot more which then means we’re getting hot weather!

laurie
    Participant

Ripley just lays in the hallway but we have only had to turn the air on once because it’s still cold here. Ripley has a corner that he loves to lay in the same way Zues is laying in the second pic. The smaller the space the better.

Lynne
    Participant

Haha – Zeus has it all figured out!! Rylee does not lay in front of the register but one of our cats will sit right on top of ours – more so in the winter though. We always yell at him to share the heat with the rest of the family – he just sits there at stares at us!

3Goldens
    Participant

We’ve only had to have the AC on a couple of days so far. On days when it’s not on, and the dogs are warm..after a walk or wrestling match, the bathroom is their favourite spot for a nap….gets a bit crowed in there sometimes 🙂

Attachments:

Meadow
    Participant

ROFL on the bathroom shot!!! hahahahahahahaha
    ~M~

scot girl
    Participant

3 Goldens on the bathroom floor, how do you get in there?

Lynne
    Participant

Oh my lord – that’s a lot of dog in the bathroom!!!!! Love it!

Pat
    Participant

Cooling pad sounds like a good idea. Both mine are always looking for cool spot…especially at night. Carmel sleeps most night right in front of the bed room vent. Haven’t used the A/C too much so far…but have the fan on the furnace running continually. Cheyanne goes looking for a cool place on the floor where there is no carpet.

3 Goldens on the bathroom floor is a lot…especially if you need to use it in a hurry.

Shauna
    Participant

From the day I brought Codi home he has searched out the cool spots in the house. He hasn’t been able to fit on the vents in a long time though! I have found a great product on Amazon that has worked wonderfully as Codi is always hot. It’s a self cooling pet pad. We place it on the bed at night and he no longer need to get up because he’s too hot. During the day we lay it on one of the beds in the living room. I’m going to get another one or two since Bandit has decided he likes it too.
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006NOO440/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Shauna.
    Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active