Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Maci's Wait for Surgery

Home Forums Health Maci's Wait for Surgery

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Claudette Kinkade 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

cheslyn1
    Participant

So rare when I can get on the website from work and never have time at home! Glad everyone is doing well and planning a party in Winnipeg.

Nothing very new here until a week ago – Maci went to start running and after the first step came up lame and crying. Spacey Maci made it almost to 9 before blowing one of her bad knees. So we are waiting for our vet to move into the new office and come back from vacation for a cruciate ligament surgery.

She is on very limited activity right now – we help her up the stairs, no walks other than the backyard, no playing tug with Jigar. Most days she does not even want to so that helps. She is on a diet (thank you vet for taking Scott to task for that issue!) and limited pain meds. Post surgery planning is in the works —rearranging the living room as she will be living there (not be doing stairs) and storing toys that always seem to start a tug match.

Super sad my girl will not be quading, swimming or bossing around all the boy dogs at the campground but fingers crossed she bounces back healthy!

Lynne
    Participant

Oh that’s awful…I feel so bad for her, missing out on all her summer fun. I just hope that the surgery goes well and that she bounces right back. Please let us know when her surgery date is. Take care.

Pat
    Participant

Poor girl, hopefully the surgery will be a success, and she be back to being her bossy self in no time. Really sucks when they have to miss out on all the summer fun. Good luck with the surgery, keep us posted.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Poor Maci :(. Hope the surgery and recovery period goes well. i’m sorry she’s going to miss out on all the summer fun with her brothers.

laurie
    Participant

Aww poor Maci. Hope the surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery. It’s so hard to keep them calm when they are feeling good. Ridley had to have this surgery when he was 2 and while trying to recover from that surgery blew his other knee, we opted to not have surgery done on that knee because the vet said it would heal itself with lots of rest and no play. It was a long recovery. Paws crossed for Maci.🐾🐾💐

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Not a fun summer, for sure. I hope the surgery will be done very soon and Maci is on her way to a speedy recovery. It is so difficult keeping them quiet, but it has to be done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active