Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Muskoka March 27, 2004 – April 14, 2015

Home Forums In Memoriam Muskoka March 27, 2004 – April 14, 2015

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Claudette Kinkade 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Skokie
    Participant

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my beloved golden, Muskoka. What a wonderful friend she was. She was the sweetest dog I have ever owned and I am heart broken. Muskoka’s health was declining over the last few months and last weekend she became critical. Tuesday evening we had to take her to an emergency vet and after many more tests it became obvious that there was nothing more her loving family could do for her but let her go peacefully. I know she knew that the entire family was there, petting her and talking to her as she passed. I know she is at peace now, but oh how she is missed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. As hard as it was to let her go and as broken as your heart is right now it sounds like you did what you had to for your beautiful girl.

Lynne
    Participant

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Muskoka. How loved she was seems like it was obvious right until the end for her. What a lucky dog to have had such a wonderful family!

As much as we would love to take away the pain and sadness, there really isn’t anything that’ll help but time. Please know that the golden community is sharing in your grief and we are sending strength your way! Take care of yourself.

laurie
    Participant

So sorry for your loss. I know how you are feeling and just know that the day’s do get brighter and all the little funny things your golden did will come to your memory and you will smile again.

Meadow
    Participant

I hope you have peace in your heart, knowing that you did such a beautiful thing to help her with end of life care. She depended on you to love her enough to do the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do. I love what Laurie said about how, once this impossibly difficult time of grieving is worked through, you will begin to smile remembering the sweet memories of Muskoka that you will always have and hold in your heart.

~Maureen

Skokie
      Participant

Thank you to everyone who have posted. Its been a difficult week for our family and I can’t tell you how many times I thought I heard her. Laurie you are right about remembering the funny golden traits she had….we have already begun that stage. I’m sure we’ll have another golden in our family, its not “if”, it will be “when”.
      Thanks to everyone for you thoughts and best wishes.

“Muskoka’s Mom”

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Super sorry to hear about Muskoka 🙁

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Like it has been said before – no matter how long they are with us it is never long enough. I know you and your family are hurting so much right now. It will take a long time to talk about her without tearing up – but it will get better. You will smile and remember all the wonderful times you had with her and the special things she did. So sorry, sending hugs. Muskoka is beautiful, I always loved her name.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active