Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

My House Guest, Marty

Home Forums General My House Guest, Marty

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

I am taking care of a ten year old golden named Marty for 12 days while his family is in Florida. He is actually Jake’s cousin, from the same breeder. He is really a joy to have him here with me. He is such a fun, loving, boy. He has adapted well being here with me. He is getting lots of loving and attention. He is quite active even though he is a senior, a little stiffness in the hind legs but does not seem to bother him at all. I love seeing all his toys around the house, he loves stuffed toys, does not destroy them. He just carries them around the house with him and when someone comes over he runs to get one for them. He lays by the front door, watches the kids go by as they leave school, and just wags his tail when the mailman comes on the porch. I think I will just keep him. LOL
      I will add his picture to this, I hope it works. It been a long time since I have added a picture.

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

I’ll try again to add a picture.

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

Marty sounds like the perfect house guest Claudette. I’m sure he’s getting tons of love and attention at your house and what more could a boy want. I hope you’re able to post a picture of him

Meadow
      Participant

Claudette, it must be such comfort to have Jake’s cousin with you for a while. 🙂 Yes, I would imagine that the sight of toys ‘cluttering’ the house would make a sweet atmosphere for you. Jake was a toy destroyer, correct? So Marty’s more gentle toy behaviour must be such a funny thing for you to see. 🙂

Does he sleep with you, or on the floor? Does he like to be walked? Each dog has such distinct personality traits – you must be enjoying the opportunity to learn about Marty. And Marty is the LUCKIEST dog!!! He isn’t having to be in a kennel during his senior years – he gets to go on a RETREAT to your place, where he is an “only child” and I KNOW you are spoiling him with so much love and attention!!!! 🙂

~Maureen

Lynne
      Participant

Claudette we are so happy to hear of your houseguest!!! Marty sounds like a wonderful golden and sounds like he’s made himself right at home with you! It must be different for you having dog toys strewn around the house again?

Enjoy your time with him and we look forward to a picture of Marty. That’s a great name for a golden by the way…

laurie
      Participant

How nice for you to have a golden for a visit. You are probably having a blast.

Pat
      Participant

I’m so far behind on my replies, that Marty must be home now with his humans…..that’s of course if you could let him go…Ha Ha. I must have been nice but in the same breathe hard to let him go home. Hopefully you can figure out how to post pictures. I do find this site easier to post the pictures…as long as I remember to re size them first.

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

I watched this little guy for 10 days, he was a fun dog. I am going to see if I can post a picture.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

I could post from my iPad this time, this little 3 1/2 month old in the above post is named Mearl. I am going to see if I can post pictures from my computer. When I tried awhile back to post Marty’s picture it did not work, got error message.

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

Where does it tell you what size the picture is when you attach it? I am going to see if I can post from my computer now – this is Marty.

Claudette Kinkade
      Participant

I am going to try to send a message to Lisa to see if she can help me figure this out. No picture comes up.

laurie
      Participant

Oh my gosh Claudette Mearl looks like a statue sitting there. Very sweet.

Mom2Maddie
      Participant

What a little cutie Mearl is!

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with posting pictures. Are you trying to post your pictures from a hosting site like Photobucket?

Lynne
      Participant

Mearl is adorable!!!!

Meadow
      Participant

Posting pictures. It’s a bit different on the new site – MUCH easier, actually.

Once you have a message in the body of the post, you scroll down to where it says “Browse…” and click on that. From there, navigate to wherever your picture is stored in your computer and when you find the picture you want to add, just double click. If the picture is over 1500KB, it won’t work – you’ll need to resize it to a smaller size.

If you want to add another (I think you can add up to 4 pics per post), click on “Add another file” which is in light blue under the “browse” button and repeat the process.

You no longer need shutterfly or photobucket to add pics. Just straight from your computer.

I hope this helps. We’d love to see pictures of your houseguest. 🙂

~Maureen

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active