Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

New Golden Puppy

Home Forums General New Golden Puppy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pat Pat 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Karen Curry
    Karen Curry
    Participant

Hapy New Year, It has been a long time since I have been on this forum. When I was a new golden owner 14 years ago this site was my go to for information and sharing. Today would have been Pipers 14 birthday. We lost him January 11 2016k, it is a sad day to not have him here to celebrate old age. He was a great golden dog and was spry right until the end.

In two weeks our family are picking up our new golden puppy. I am so looking forward to having a dog in the house again but it has been so long since puppy time I am a bit nervous. We know have 2 kiddos 7 and 9 who are looking forward to having a dog again.

We have all the dog stuff ( crate, leashes, fenced area for play, bowls ). Not sure yet type of food to feed yet. With Piper we did a high quality kibble and added vitamins/fish oils/ fresh veggies/ eggs. If anyone has some tips to get me back into puppy mode or good sites you recommend to reboot my doggie knowledge again or stories to share I would appreciate it.

Karen

Profile photo of Lisa Schuyler
    Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Hi Karen!

Really excited for you! And sorry to hear about Piper!

I lost Monty almost a year ago now too, and was determined that was the last dog ever for me. Losing Winger, Surf, and Monty was way too hard. A year later, the idea of a puppy is creeping into my mind more and more often.

Don’t have too much advice offer! This site isn’t too active anymore, with so many other social media options available. I’ve toyed with shutting it down for years, but keep it up in case it is useful for anymore.

Lisa

Profile photo of Karen Curry
      Karen Curry
      Participant

Thanks Lisa

I see that is it is not that active. It was my first choice as this site was a life saver 14 years when we first had Piper. I learned lots over the years from you and others. I have a few die hard dog friends so have reached out to them as well.

All the best
      Karen

Profile photo of Pat
    Pat
    Participant

Congratulations on your up coming new addition. I check in weekly to see if anything new, but rarely post anything…sorry Lisa but the forum seems to have been taken over with this Allan Bain stuff which drives me crazy..Karen hopefully you will share some photos when you get them.
    Sorry to hear about Monty’s loss Lisa..I know how hard it is to lose a part of your family.

No new puppies for us for a while, Carmel is 11 and Cheyanne just turned 10, we are thinking more along the lines of rescues in the future.especially seniors.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active