Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

New pictures of RIO

Home Forums General New pictures of RIO

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  cheslyn1 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Sue
    Participant

Claudette do you have any recent pictures of RIO that you can post? Tammy we haven’t heard from you much I hope all the pups are good and same goes for you Maureen. Not like the old days when we were all on all the time.

Nelson is doing well he turns 10 in December. Life is all about him now and he’s making the most of it. Looking forward to seeing all those at the Golden Gathering in a few weeks.

Meadow
    Participant

I would LOVE to see new pictures of Rio too!! 🙂 I am here, but I can only read and respond to posts. I can no longer begin a thread. I hope that gets resolved for Claudette and I… and anyone else in that same boat.

Faith is doing fine, but continues to get skin infections often for some unknown reason. If she goes to the beach or the dog park or gets a bug bite, she gets big skin infections that take a long time to heal. Weird. How is Nelson doing, without Boober? Is he okay? Are you doing okay Sue?

~Maureen

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

We have new Rio pictures from Claudette. He’s growing up and getting more and more handsome!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

laurie
    Participant

Oh my gosh Claudette that is one very big and handsome looking golden. I was shocked to see how big he has grown it seems just like yesterday that you went to pick him up. Rio is just lovely. Love all the pictures.

Pat
    Participant

My goodness…he is turning into a really handsome gentleman. He is just gorgeous.

Meadow
    Participant

He’s GIANT!! Goodness – I can’t believe how BIG he is!! I can’t recall how old he’d be now… surely not more than 6 or 7 months, right? He is soooooooooooo cute!! In that last picture, his brow is all furrowed – he looks like he is thinking really hard to remember where the car keys are, lol.

~Maureen

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Maureen – Rio is 8 months old now and weighs 74#. He has a colic between his eyes which is cute. He is a handful, keeps me very busy. Lots and lots of energy, which you can understand. If he is not sleeping and I can’t see him he is into mischief. I try to get him to doggie day care at least once a week, really helps. The facility is run very well, dogs put together by age, size, and personality. They only take so many dogs each day, this is where he went for obedience training and they know his personality. I use one of the young gals from there when I need a sitter. Becky has a young German Shepherd and Rio and Charlie (a little girl) play so well together. She will even keep him overnight when needed. She kept him overnight in May when my grandson was married – she makes my life so much easier.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Another thing this guy jumps into the car – he is part goat. If I open the trunk he can even hop right up into there too, then over the seats into the back seat. He has to wear a harness (which I know is the safe way) because he hops, with no trouble, into the front seat with me. Those of you who remember my story of my Jake, not getting into the car, know how much I wanted a dog that would get in on his own. Boy, my prayers were answered and then some. This young guy is a barker, a digger, a jumper, and eats anything he finds on the ground. We are working on correcting these habits – he really is a fun guy makes me laugh everyday.

Meadow
    Participant

Oh – What’s a colic? I need to look that up. It makes him look like he is VERY intelligent – deep in thought!! lol That *is* cute!

Oh man….. yeah, Rio sounds a LOT like Faith. I was told by a trainer once, to get a small air-horn can that the dog never sees. Hide it behind my back when I was outside with Faith, and the second she started digging a hole to make it BLAST. Not showing Faith where the sound came from – hiding the air horn from her view – so that she thought when she begins to dig, that awful sound will scare her. I looked and looked for a small air horn can like he described and couldn’t find one. I wish I had. He said that if that’s done consistently, and if the dog doesn’t know it’s YOU doing it, that even when you aren’t in the yard, he won’t dig. Just a thought for you, if you wanted to try that one.

I am soooooo glad that you are enjoying him so much!! 🙂 I bet he and Faith would get on like a house on fire, eh? 😉 They both speak “excessive energy”!! 🙂

~Maureen

laurie
    Participant

Claudette you can always try putting Rio’s poop in one of the holes to make her stop digging. This really works it worked for Ripley and has worked for every other person we have told this too. All you do is put it in the hole and cover it back up. Gosh I wish I lived closer because I would just love to give Rio a big hug he looks so cuddly.

Shauna
    Participant

He is so very handsome.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Oh Claudette, if you were closer I would have 4 goldens LOL He is so handsome!

We are here. Maci handled surgery for her knee beautifully. Which is good and bad –6 weeks past and she thinks she is healed! At 9 years old she is not slow or careful or controlled LOL I am going to train her for nosework – mentally tired should work to eliminate the sighs and whining.

Jigar as the 3rd ‘child’ is still a brat if not exercised enough. $300 in destruction in 2 minutes – 2 remote starter key things. And has 9 lives as he as eaten tons of inedible things and they all just exit out (mainly because I have no idea he ate them as he is very quick and sneaky!) He starts back at classes for obedience and has rally trial this weekend.

Harley is still the lover not a fighter LOL He is looking older which I hate 🙁

We have had a not so great year—I am being let go after the merger in the next few months. My grandfather went through treatment for throat cancer. Maci blowed knee—yeah this year can end fast!

Photos from the gathering please! Maybe I will look for a job in Winnipeg LOL

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active