Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

New Site

Home Forums Website Updates & Issues New Site

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa (testing account) 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

CanadianGoldens.com is running on completely different software as of Sunday morning, August 4, 2013.

There were so many issues, problems, and bugs with the vBulletin software that CanadianGoldens.com was using. We had members that couldn’t log in, members that couldn’t stay logged in, an out of control spam signup problem, and overall the software just didn’t suit our needs.

Now we’re running on WordPress/bbPress/BuddyPress 🙂

Notes:

1. The first time you login, you HAVE to click the “Lost Password” link and the system will send you a new temporary one. If you have trouble, email me – lisa@canadiangoldens.com
    2. I’m still setting up everything, but please feel free to start using the site
    3. Find your Profile settings and start updating!
    4. If you have a Gravatar configured for your email address, it will automatically use that for your avatar. If you don’t, add yours again in your profile.
    5. Some things weren’t able to transfer: Photo Albums, Blogs, Profile, Private Messages, Friends, All photo attachments in blog posts
    6. Feature missing? Let me know and I’ll work on it
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by  cangold.

Meadow
    Participant

Thanks for all the work you do, Lisa! 🙂

I have a question for you. What is the difference between “Voices” and “Posts” on the board?

~Maureen

GoldenMack
    Participant

Thanks for the amazing work. Have been a member here from the early days and am always impressed with the hard work you do Lisa giving us this great community and resource.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Yes, thank you Lisa.  We all appreciate everything you do to keep it up and running so we can share our love of Goldens.

cangold
    Keymaster

Thanks! I hope this set up works better.

@meadow: Voices is how many people have participated on a post.

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Oops – cangold is me too – used for administrative stuff 🙂

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Getting there!

I’m trying to find a good system for photo uploads and photo albums so I’ve been trying some out. Haven’t found the perfect one yet, so I’ll keep at it!

Testing a photo uploader.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Still needs work – I’ve disabled for now. I’d rather have it done right so we don’t all up load images and then lose them if I make adjustments.

In the meantime, you can upload a photo to an external photo sharing service and use html code here (using the Text Editor, not the Visual Editor – see tabs in the top right of your edit box) to display it within your post.

gpbarr1
    Participant

Ugh! I’m glad we’re a patient bunch Lisa. It will get better with time I hope and after the fixes are applied. I understand your time is limited and it is summer. You are right to disable the photo feature until it is perfected. We do all appreciate your commitment to this site and the hours you put in. Some members are having difficulties with older OS or with devices other than computers. I’m sure the problems will be all ironed out over the next few months. I am certainly willing to wait it out.

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Further updates coming tonight. I’ll leave access open, but if everything looks broken, come back in a couple hours 😉

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

Mobile version is now improved. Check out the buttons (left and right of the title) on the top header on your phone to find the login and menu quick links.

I’ve started a post where I’ll share tips and pointers for getting the most out of this new system here: http://canadiangoldens.com/forums/topic/tips-for-new-site/

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Thanks Lisa!

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

went to the post and it was very helpful. Love the Activity section now that I know that’s where I should be looking first. I saw the “add photo” button and within a few seconds had loaded a pic and a quick post about it – SUPER easy!

Lisa, just a suggestion – I know some people go to the General forum section only and don’t venture off into the other topics so you may want to post that summary of the new features also in the General section so people don’t miss it as it really helped me.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  Mom2Maddie.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  Mom2Maddie.

Testing the photo upload

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active