Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Power of the Paw needed

Home Forums Health Power of the Paw needed

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Pat 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Shauna
    Participant

Please keep Codi in your thoughts. His lymph-nodes in the neck have become greatly swollen and I’m fearing the worst but hoping for the best. We head to the vet tomorrow morning for testing.

I noticed minor swelling Wednesday that got a bit larger by Friday so I tried to get him into the vet Saturday. No go but I got an appointment for Monday. Saturday night they had swollen to the size of eggs. This morning it was physically noticeable as his neck is swollen and they where the size of baseballs. A call to my vet told me of the chilling possibility of what it could be.

His appetite is still great and other than that he seems fine. He has been a little down as we had to put two of our cats down last week. Codi is a sensitive soul and really bonds with my cats. I’m hoping that the stress of that has maybe weakened his immune system and its just an infection. I think one of the lymph-nodes has reduced in size but it might just be wishful thinking.

Positive thoughts and power of the paw please!

Thanks

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Sending tons of positive thoughts for Codi. I know how worrisome it is for you

So sorry to hear about your cats, what a tough week you’ve had. Will be watching for an update

Lynne
    Participant

Sorry to hear what’s been going on with you Shauna…hoping it’s just the stress he’s been under. We are keeping you guys in our thoughts and sending power of the paw your way…

Is Darren home with you? If you need anything at all just let us know.

Hugs to you and Codi (and Bandit and Tanner too)!!

laurie
    Participant

POWER OF THE PAWS to Codi and you. Ripley and I will be keeping our paws and fingers crossed all night. Positive thoughts. We will check back to see what the vet has said.

Nelson
    Participant

Shauna were sending Power of Paw triple from us to Codi. I hope it’s nothing serious but I can understand your worry. We’ll check back tomorrow after your visit to the Vet.
    Hugs to Codi from us and to you also.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Power of the Paw for you and Codi! Sending positive thoughts!

3Goldens
    Participant

Shauna, I am sorry to hear what is going on with Codi. I am so hoping for good news for you & Codi….Sending the power of the paw and lots of good vibes your way. Please keep us posted when you can

Pat
    Participant

Shauna, just saw this post….sending the Power of the Paws and lots of positive thoughts your way….for Codi and the rest of you…Sorry to hear about your cats.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

So very glad to read this update Shauna. I know how relieved you must be. Terrible that it happened at all but so glad it’s not anything more than that. Give that big boy a hug for me. Hope the swelling goes away very quickly.

Lynne
    Participant

Phew…I’ve been thinking about you guys all day. I’m so happy to hear that diagnosis!!!

Good luck with the hot compresses and we look forward to hearing that the swelling is going down.

Take care!

goldengirl
    Participant

Speedy recovery Codi!

Pat
    Participant

Glad to hear the good news, hoping for a speedy recovery as well…keep us posted.

laurie
    Participant

That is great news for you guys, my heart sank when I was reading your first posting but Ripley and I had all are limbs crossed for the whole night. Give Codi a belly rub form us.

Nelson
    Participant

Shauna that is such great news!!!! I was very worried having had a golden with lymphoma. Such great news give that Codi the biggest hug from us…and the other boys and one for yourself also 🙂

Shauna
    Participant

Codi is enjoying all the hugs and love he is getting. He thanks everyone. He is one tired guy!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

3Goldens
    Participant

Such great news, I know how relieved you must be. I was so worried when I read your first post….it’s exactly how Shiloh’s symptoms first showed up…my heart sank when I read your post.
    Fingers & Paws crossed for a speedy recovery for Codi!

laurie
    Participant

Aww what a nice boy letting the kitty sleep on his bed when he is not feeling well. Speedy recovery Codi.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Shauna, Such good news, we have all been sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Codi. Follow the doctor’s directions and we will all be waiting to hear that the swelling is gone for good. Sending a big hug to Codi and I am sure you can use one too. So difficult when our “furkids” are sick.

Lynne
    Participant

Hey Shauna – just wondering how things are going with Codi?

Shauna
    Participant

I’m happy to report that Codi is doing well. The swelling is slowly diminishing. I wish it would diminish faster of course. He doesn’t mind the warm compresses and his attitude has been wonderful, but he’s a golden so that’s to be expected ;).
    We are so very grateful for all the wonderful support we have received, thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Glad to hear the swelling is going down and that he doesn’t mind the warm compresses. Sending continued good thoughts for Codi

Pat
    Participant

Glad to hear Codi is doing better and the swelling is reducing. Great that he doesn’t mind the compresses…must find them soothing.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Shauna, I am so sorry, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to Codi and your family. It is so scary when we do not know what is wrong. Hoping the vet visit tomorrow brings better news.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

I keep checking here hoping to see a message from Shauna…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Mom2Maddie.

Shauna
    Participant

A big thank you to everyone for your positive thoughts and Power of the Paw.

A huge sigh of relief is washing over this household. The vet is 99% sure that it is just an infection/abscess. The biopsy did not show any abnormal cells but to be safe they decided to do an ultra sound as she wasn’t certain she was taking fluid from deep enough. The ultra sound showed a puss filled pocket in the centre which in their experience is just an infected abscess. the other lymph node has reduced to normal.
    He has to take antibiotics for 2 weeks and I need to subject him to hot compresses on the abscess. The vet expects it should reduce noticeably by the weekend. If it doesn’t reduce they will have to look at inserting a drain.
    So thanks again for all the well wishes, I hope to report shortly that the swelling is gone.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Shauna.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

awww, what a sweet boy sleeping next to the kitty. I’m glad he’s enjoying all the love and hugs, a boy can never have too many of those, especially today.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Mom2Maddie.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active