Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Rio Update

Home Forums General Rio Update

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Meadow 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Lynne
    Participant

Claudette sent in this picture of Rio. He is now 15 weeks old and 40 pounds. I think he just gets cuter and cuter!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Pat
    Participant

So cute….puppy love!

laurie
    Participant

What a sweet looking puppy. Just plain adorable.

Meadow
    Participant

Awwwwwww – look at that boy. 🙂 I wonder if he’s as calm and docile as he looks in pictures. 😉 Likely not, if he’s a little Golden puppy, lol.

I hope you are enjoying him, Claudette!!

~Maureen

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

I think he’s pretty darned cute and I’m sure he keeps his Mom on her toes 😉

Sue
    Participant

Rio is way too cute Claudette!! There doesn’t look like one bad puppy bone in his body 🙂 I can only imagine how busy you are these days.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Claudette it’s been a long time since we’ve seen that pup of yours. Send us some pictures to post 🙂

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Here’s a 22 wk picture of Rio after his grooming :). He’s getting so big and Claudette said he has some big feet to still grow into

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Paulette
    Participant

What a sweetheart! I can almost smell the puppy breath!

Meadow
    Participant

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! He is stunning! If you can respond to this, Claudette, how did the groomer say he did during his session?

~Maureen

laurie
    Participant

Love this picture of Rio. He just looks so darn cute and cuddly. I just want to hug him and squeeze him.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Maureen – they give you a report card. He got an A * it said I was Squirmy, but sweet!

I know that meant he was a little bugger. I know my dog. She did ask when I wanted to make his next appointment. He is a big boy (55#’s) – the breeder helped me pick out a “calm” one. LOL
    I think I got Faith’s brother. He is very active – but lovable. He is very entertaining, makes me laugh. I remember how fast they grow up, and I want to enjoy all the stages. Some days it is easier than others.

What I am having the most trouble with now is that he will not stay in the back seat of the car – he can hop right over while I am driving. I did get a harness for him and that really helps to keep him and me safe. I prayed that I get a dog that would hop in the car – God answered and give me a little more than I asked for. He can’t wait to hop in the car – when I get my keys he heads for the door.

The nipping has stopped considerably – what a relief. I do take him to doggie daycare once a week – he can’t wait to get inside the building. The girls love him. My grandson got married last weekend and one of the young girls took him home with her after doggie daycare. She has a 1 1/2 years old German Shepherd – they played together nicely. When Becky brought him back to me on Sunday – he actually whimpered for her when she left. I think he enjoyed playing with her dog (Charley – a girl). She said she would take him back again anytime.

He is a lot of work for me (he is a puppy) but he is turning into a wonderful companion.

I still can’t get on this site to start a thread but I can add comments – I want to thank Christine for putting Rio’s picture on for me this time.

Cathy DW
    Participant

Glad to see he is a handsome and happy young pup Claudette.

Meadow
    Participant

Oh no! Faith’s brother!! Yikes! However, if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t it you who used to call Jake a “devil dog” as a pup? It’s tricky with Goldens, since they are puppies till they are… well… 4.

As a diversion for all his jam-packed energy, you may want to consider (if you aren’t already) going to obedience classes with Rio. That was a big part of my life with Faith, for 3 years. It was something I did to wear out her energy, teach her the basics that she still retains now, and doing that was a great bonding thing as well. Just an idea.

I’m glad that you have Rio and that he is the lucky pup that gets to have your undivided attention. 🙂

~Maureen

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active