Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Rylee's camping…

Home Forums General Rylee's camping…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne 4 years ago.

• Author

Lynne
    Participant

Well Rylee’s camping season has kicked off…we went camping May long but got sent home on Sunday ahead of a snowstorm so that doesn’t count!!! We went down to St. Malo Provincial Park for 4 nights and had fantastic weather. Here’s some shots of Rylee enjoying the place! On our way home this afternoon just on the outskirts of the park I was looking out my window and casually said oh there’s a bear on the driveway…then realized what I saw. We turned the camper around and by the time we got back it was already through the field but it was right at the road when I first saw it! Let’s just say I’m happy I saw it in my way home from the park!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lynne
    Participant

In the picture of Rylee looking at the blue chair, you can see a chipmunk on the other side of the chair. She was loose and we told her to stay…she did!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Lynne.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Looks like some great camping adventures for Rylee so far this summer. Yikes a bear would have freaked me out, thankfully as you say you were on your way home by then! Good girl for not chasing the chipmunk as tempting as I’m sure it was.

We went to Winnipeg Beach this morning and took Kiwi swimming. I found out there is a huge beach area south of the water tower where dogs are allowed. She had a blast and we had the beach to ourselves for the first couple of hours as you’ll see in the pics. She’s tuckered now after swimming after a frisbee all morning. We plan to go there quite often this summer…hmm photos are too big, need to try to resize them…

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Mom2Maddie.

Lynne
    Participant

That looks like an awesome beach! Might have to check it out this weekend! Thanks for the heads up on it – the fact that it’s dog friendly is amazing.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Definitely check it out, wish I had found out about it sooner. Oh one thing if you do go, take water shoes if you have them as the first little bit when you go in is rocky but then it is sandy after that and quite shallow far out.

Pat
    Participant

Yes, some of my co workers hit that section of Winnipeg Beach, we have never taken the girls swimming there but have walked around it. One of my co workers takes her male golden Riley and 6 month old husky frequently…so if you run into her (Also very pregnant) say hello. She has gotten lots of good advice from me. Thing is he gets (Riley) a rash from swimming there…so may need to bath the girls when you get home.
    May have to go sometime our self so that Cheyanne might swim, won’t go in the pool and I know she gets really hot.

Pat
    Participant

Looks like Rylee had fun camping…I would be glad I saw the bear as I was leaving as well. That’s the one thing I always worried about camping…And good for her ignoring the chipmunk.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Beautiful beach for the kids to run and play on – Rylee sure looks like she is enjoying herself. Beautiful pictures.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Nice spot to swim! With no rains and no snow pack over winter lakes and rivers are very low already around here.

Lynne
    Participant

I think everyone west of here is way drier than normal (judging by the forest fire smoke we keep getting)…we keep getting rains by the inch or two so it keeps our water levels up – great for golden star who love to swim!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active