Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Rylee’s Stray Kitten

Home Forums Our other pets Rylee’s Stray Kitten

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  I.Heart.My.Golden 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Lynne
    Participant

Thought I’d post some pics of Rylee with her new little friend – she LOVES him so much. We took them both to the vet (Ry for pink lips) and kitty to make sure he wasn’t infested with bugs. Turns out the little guy had ear mites and absolutely filthy ears but, he’s good to go now. His ears are flipped forward and the vet isn’t convinced that he won’t lose them yet – guess Craig didn’t get there quick enough. they figure he’s about 8-10 weeks old – if any of you Manitobans know of someone looking for a new best friend – this guy purrs loudly and would be so grateful to anyone who gives him a loving home. Our 2 cats are being jerks and spent the day in the basement so there’s no way we could have 3 cats…

If we walk out of the room and leave this guy in the kennel he screams and the only thing that stops him is Rylee…too cute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4018[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4019[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4021[/ATTACH]

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Awww he’s so cute, look at him rubbing up against Rylee. Sorry to hear Rylee can’t adopt him as her own.

cheslyn1
    Participant

That is adorable!

So sad about the ears…no chance at all he will not lose any parts???

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

I love the photo where the kitty has his head resting on Rylee. So cute. Hope you find a “forever” home for the little guy.

Lynne
    Participant

Happy to report we have found this little guy his new forever home!!! We have him till Friday afternoon and then Rylee and I will drive him to his new home. I’m gonna be sad to see him go…my cats are starting to smarten up and be civil to him.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Glad Mr. Kitty has found a home for the holidays 🙂

Lynne
    Participant

Good news/bad news kind of day on the kitten front. Good news is Rylee is not sad, bad news is his new home didn’t work out. They tested their 4 year old dog last night with a friends cat and the reaction wasn’t the best. The search begins all over again. I’m feeling really bad for this little guy – we’ve had him for 4 nights and he doesn’t have a name.

My cats are starting to accept him a little more which makes for less stressful times.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

Oh, poor little guy, but it is so nice that he has a home with all of you in the mean time. He is adorable and he doesn’t have any trouble with dogs, you can see he loves Rylee. You’ll find a home for him.

Lynne
    Participant

Tammy – the vet wasn’t sure but 11 hours after finding him his ear tips were still cold. Both ears are flipped forward and one is showing signs that it’ll be lost at the fold. It is soooo sad.

Lynne
    Participant

We are happy to report that we found kitty a perfect forever home!! He’ll be moving in with my aunt, her husband, one dog and one cat – they are like us with no kids and treat their pets like kids. I’m so excited for him. If he can’t live with us (I’m discovering 3 cats is a lot of work at times) this would be the next perfect home. We will probably have him back for babysitting the weekend before Christmas so Rylee will be able to stay in touch with him too!!!! They pick him up on Monday. They think they will call him Champ for surviving out there for however long he was out there for.

His cold is cleared up, as is the leaky eye and he’s in the process of losing both ear tips…but he’s still alive and going to a great home!!!!!

Cathy DW
    Participant

Great news. Just what every animal wants, a forever home for Christmas. :triumphant:

Pat
    Participant

So Glad you have found a good home for hime, and the Rylee will be able to stay in touch with him.

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

Awww what a happy ending! Just reading this now! People don’t understand having a kitty that’s GOOD, and actually likes dogs, is a feat alone! Poor guy loosing his ear tips, those cats I tell you the hardiest little survivors I’ve ever met – they can seriously get through almost anything. So happy he’s going to a good home that you trust! Love the photos!

Lynne
    Participant

Wasn’t a very happy ending at our house last night. My aunt came to pick him up and I cried most of the evening. We’d had him for just about 2 weeks, nursed him back to health, he’s lost one ear and went from a sleepy kitten to a playful kitten. We found out that the little 2 pound creature that we could hold in one hand was actually about 4 months old.

I guess I’d already gotten attached! I keep trying to think that he’s gone to a good home but, he had it pretty good at our place…the good news is that I can see him whenever we want to. I haven’t received an update on how night #1 went for them yet…

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Awww, you were so attached to the little guy of course you’d miss him. Doesn’t take long for a bond to form. Good that you get to see him though. What’s his name?

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

I am so happy that your Aunt is taking little “Champ”. If you cannot keep him, like you said, he is going to a very loving home and you can still see him. You helped him get to where he is today, a healthy little, guy.

cheslyn1
    Participant

Hugs!!! I can see how you could miss him…just 1 little natural good cat that fit in perfectly. Wonderful that you can keep in touch—more pictures would be nice (hint, hint) 🙂

Lynne
    Participant

here’s some shots of Champ once we knew we were not keeping him…he was still suffering from leaky eye…
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4084[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4085[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4086[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4087[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4088[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4089[/ATTACH]

We are hoping to be able to babysit him next weekend and have him here for our Christmas Eve celebration…

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

What a sweet little guy. He looks like a little Scottish Fold cat, except he came by his ears under such unfortunate circumstances. Love the one of the 3 kitties curled up and Rylee sitting next to them as if to say, “yes, this is my brood”

cheslyn1
    Participant

He is just beautiful. So glad Rylee gets to visit soon!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active