Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Snoring

Home Forums Archives Snoring

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cangold 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cangold
    Keymaster

Is it normal for a eight month golden to snore at night?

cangold
    Keymaster

As long as they are snoring at least they are breathing! Inside joke there, my DH snored for years but alternated with not breathing (sleep apnea). Totally drove me crazy. Back to Goldens. My Duke has always had a weird snore noise that he makes just as he’s waking up, but doesn’t snore when sleeping (usually). I have not had this is my other dogs so it was a bit concerning at first, but he otherwise functions beautifully in the respiratory department, so I didn’t worry about it. As long as your dog has good energy and respiration when he’s awake, the snoring is only a social problem. With people it’s generally not a problem unless they become overweight and that agravates it, but at eight months your Golden should be pretty active and slim.

cangold
    Keymaster

Charlie snores sometimes when he is really tired out and in a deep sleep. Not every day for certain but its not uncommon for him to snore a little. Of course I prefer the soft snore he does to the time he howled like a wolf and scared the living crap out of me! Love to know what he was dreaming about then

cangold
    Keymaster

CeeCee has always snored when in a deep sleep, after a tiring day or being outside a lot. Like Charlie, CeeCee has let out some weird yelps in her sleep- love to know what they dream about. Sometimes the front legs get going.I was worried at first- thought it was a convulsions- but she was fine- just active in her sleep

The topic ‘Snoring’ is closed to new replies.

@

Not recently active