Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Someone got a new title – and needs a new nickname!

Home Forums Show and Trial Brags Someone got a new title – and needs a new nickname!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vony Smith 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

cheslyn1
    Participant

Since it was cleared by the vet that Harley did not have anything contagious, we got to attend 1 day at a local CARO trial. This is rally obedience but through another organization. CARO is way tougher than CKC – they do allow food rewards at stationary signs at the lower levels (big help…there was a course with only 2 signs that would allow food πŸ™‚ ) but they deduct points for double commands and crooked sits, etc which CKC does not. Oh and CARO has time limits :grumpy:

Harley got his last 2 legs for his CARO rally novice title. Not great scores because there was still some lagging and time spent sniffing! But his times were amazing for him!!! First course was a 3 minutes one – he did it in 2:44 – 2 other teams when over time. It was a lovely course, very smooth flowing. The second one was a 4 minute course- he did it in 3:16!!!! Improvements from last CARO trial – he was distracted and just had to sniff the emergency exit but he was doing automatic sits!! There was more speed in his step too. So we can not call him Harley the turtle anymore πŸ™‚

So I will continue bring his supper and food dish to practices. Continue playing and getting him excited and only doing formal stuff for short periods.

Maci….ran around at the beginning again. First time she did come back right away…so I did continue the course and yes, like always she did lovely. She was the only dog that got the weaves done right and she was the only non-agility dog LOL. The second time, she was playing keep away so left the ring we did. I did noticed that she was expecting her food reward from my chair like we do in practice…yeah right goofy. We will see if not getting anything sticks in her mind. Might be time to not bother entering her anymore where she will be offleash, just super super irritating that she does not do this at practice. We will see what happens over summer- next CARO trial is not until fall for us.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4354[/ATTACH]

So glad friends got some photos….we forgot to grab any camera! Not so glad he got a photo of Harley not listening LOL

cheslyn1
    Participant

Oh forgot – that was low scores but still 2 4th place finishes for Harley.

I.Heart.My.Golden
    Participant

whoo hoo! Congrats!! You guys work so hard!!!

Lynne
    Participant

Congrats!!! You make me feel like a lazy golden mommy with all the work you do with those two!!! :witless:

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

You had to have done a lot of practicing to get to where you are today, congratulations. It has to be a wonderful feeling to spend the day with them and showing off what they can do. Beautiful golden.

Nano
    Participant

FANTASTIC!! Congrats to you, Harley & Maci. πŸ™‚ You must be so proud of them (and yourself). A special well done to Harley for his new title. Especially since he ‘rallied’ back so spectacularly from his recent rough health episode. So for his new nickname I vote for…

Harley, The Wonder Dog!

I always enjoy hearing about your competitions. Love the pictures.

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

Great job Harley and Tammy!!! Pat yourself on the backs for me πŸ™‚

cheslyn1
    Participant

Thanks guys!

LOL Nancy, he is not a wonder dog just a golden πŸ™‚ Who in 1 day stole 2 choc chip cookies, tore a hole in a pillow and destroyed Maci’s new tug toy.

Nano
    Participant

@cheslyn1 64047 wrote:

Thanks guys!

LOL Nancy, he is not a wonder dog just a golden πŸ™‚ Who in 1 day stole 2 choc chip cookies, tore a hole in a pillow and destroyed Maci’s new tug toy.

JUST a Golden???? Shame on you! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I stand by my original nickname vote. The choc chip cookies were entrapment, the pillow may have needed new stuffing and he was helping out and where is HIS new tug toy? Did he get a reward for his performance and new title?

cheslyn1
    Participant

πŸ™‚ He got an ice cream cone. He is a freak about ice cream. He has even quit chewing on a new bone to help dad eat ice cream.

And he does have a tug toy—that he rarely sees since he only wants to destroy and not tug. Maci’s is always in the closet for practice time…he has learnt how to open closets. And will do so when ever he wants something. Although he is always getting caught because he has to parade whatever he finds in front of us.

Nano
    Participant

Harley sounds like such a character! I bet he’s fun to watch in the ring at competitions. Those personality plus dogs are always crowd pleasers. πŸ™‚

Vony Smith
    Participant

I like this post!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active