Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Stomach rash

Home Forums Health Stomach rash

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pat 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Calgarygolden1013
    Participant

Hi there – has anyone seen this on their pet before? Our handsome golden retriever seems to have developed a rash close to his genital area around the inside of his hind leg. He has had some issues with smelly anal glands lately but I have no idea if they are related. He is constantly licking it but it doesn’t seem to bother him when he is urinating or pooping.
    He otherwise seems to be his normal self.

I’m going to monitor today since our regular vet is closed for Canada Day but in the meantime I thought I would see if anyone may be familiar with this or have any advice on how to treat it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Pat
    Participant

Could be a yeast infection, try washing it was a vinegar warm water solution I usually use 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water. My girl use to get frequent rashes and that’s what I always tried first.

How old is your guy. Would to see a picture of him.

Calgarygolden1013
    Participant

Hi Pat! Thanks for the reply.

After researching all day and watching him, I am starting to think it’s a yeast infection as well. However, his anal glands are definitely bothering him as well. Poor guy just isn’t comfortable.

I’ve had him on Benadryl all afternoon to control the inflammation and we washed it once with a warm diluted iodine solution. I do think I’m going to bring him into the vet in the morning though.

Our guy is 2.5 and his name is Bentley! He is my shadow and the happiest guy in the neighbourhood. I’ve attached a picture of him from a few weeks ago.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Pat
    Participant

Handsome happy guy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active