Skip to toolbar

CanadianGoldens.com

Tulsa – Forever our Golden girl

Home Forums In Memoriam Tulsa – Forever our Golden girl

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  kobkob1 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Patti C
    Participant

Hi
    Back in late Oct, early November I created a post regarding our 10 year old golden girl Tulsa having what turned out to be a cancerous tumour in her mouth. I received many well wishes and prayers from all of you that I wanted to let you know that yesterday, Feb 13, Tulsa lost her battle. The tumour had grown considerably since it was diagnosed just 3 1/2 months ago. Tulsa was still happy, wagging her tail, excited about her walks and her meal times….although meal times now took much longer.
    Then this past week, her mouth began bleeding, Friday morning her bed and the floor next to it looked like a stabbing had taken place. She was also sleeping a lot more and kept staring at us as if to say it was time. We spent the weekend spoiling her rotten, and preparing ourselves….if that is possible.

So, I sat on the floor with her at the vets and she went to the rainbow bridge while laying in my arms while my husband stroked her back. I know it was the right thing to do but it certainly doesn’t feel like it right now.
    Tulsa’s friend and companion Samson seems lost right now. He was happy when we came home from the vet and then looked around like ” Hey, you forgot someone” We hope that with lots of love and attention from us that he will bounce back.

Tulsa….you are forever our golden girl!

Love, Mom & Dad

Sue
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of Tulsa. So many of us have been thru that on this forum and it’s never easy. Rest in Peace Tulsa.

cheslyn1
    Participant

So sorry to hear about Tulsa. She is beautiful and now pain free.

Each day will get better but rest assure she will not be forgotten. Feel free to post whatever you want or need to get through this.

Hugs to you and Samson.

Nano
    Participant

My heart goes out to you, your family and Samson for your beautiful Tulsa.

3Goldens
    Participant

So sorry to hear about Tulsa–my heart goes out to you & your family. The biggest gift of love we give our fur kids, is the one that breaks our hearts the most. Run free sweet Tulsa….

Mom2Maddie
    Participant

So very, very sorry to hear about Tulsa. What a beautiful picture of her. I know what a hard decision it is to let them go. May happy memories of your girl eventually help to ease your sadness. Thinking of you, your husband and of course Samson.

Rest in peace sweet Tulsa.

Lynne
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your loss. She is now free from pain and I know that right now it probably hurts too much to see that but, every day will get easier and it’ll be easier to remember all the good times without quite so many tears.

She was such a gorgeous girl.

We’ll keep you guys in our thoughts – sending you cyber < <<>>>.

Take care of yourselves.

Shauna
    Participant

So very sorry for your loss. Your beautiful angel now has her wings. I hope Samson and your memories will be a comfort to you and your husband in the coming weeks.

Claudette Kinkade
    Participant

I am so sorry, Tulsa is a beautiful girl; that picture of her is gorgeous. I truly know how much your heart is aching right now. So many of us here have been where you and your husband are right now and it hurts so much. Poor Samson, I know he misses his buddy also. We love them all so much and always wish we had a little longer with them. Sending hugs to you.

Lisa Schuyler
    Keymaster

I am so so sorry to hear about Tulsa 🙁

kobkob1
    Participant

So very very sorry to hear of your loss. Having been through it myself in December I feel your sorrow and can only tell you that your happy memories of Tulsa and your Sampson will be your salvation during this sad time.

xo
    Karen & Cooper :((((

Pat
    Participant

So sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful girl.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active